Therapy can be a challenging and difficult process at times, but it can also be tremendously rewarding. There are many risks and benefits to therapy that you should consider before we begin our work together. You may experience unpleasant feelings at times, however research has shown that people may also experience many benefits such as improved mood, more fulfilling relationships and greater satisfaction at work or school. I enter our collaboration with hope for significant progress.
My services may be helpful if you are experiencing:
- Interpersonal or relationship difficulties
- Gender and sexual identity concerns (concerns of masculinity/femininity, gender transition, “coming out”)
- Difficulty finding purpose and meaning
- Feeling “stuck” or a general lack of fulfillment in personal life or career
- Work or academic concerns (low work satisfaction, under-performing, conflicts at work, etc.)
- Cultural or racial identity concerns (navigating multiple identities, assimilation, etc.)
- Feelings of depression, sadness and little pleasure
- Fearful or anxious feelings that are impacting your work, personal life or relationships
- Spiritual or religious concerns
- Life adjustment and transition issues (divorce, loss of a loved one, etc.)
My Counseling Philosophy
In our work together my hope is that I can promptly impact your immediate concerns and provide long term support on your journey of personal growth. My primary goal is to assist you in finding relief from any pain, suffering or confusion you may be experiencing.
I believe that counseling should be specifically tailored to each client and their own unique needs. My approach is client-centered, rooted in mindfulness and my goal as a therapist is to understand your way of relating to the world in order to assist you in resolving your most pressing concerns and questions. I also hope to foster your personal development by assisting you in harnessing your own unique potential and purpose.
I have a flexible approach that uses your experience as a person with a set of specific life statuses, roles and cultural identities. I feel this information is often crucial in helping you find relief and purpose in your life. I offer personalized, client-centered counseling services that are affirming of your racial/ethnic, gender, and sexual identities.
My clinical training focused on working with clients with a variety of concerns as well as understanding and appreciating clients’ various group memberships (race, sexual identity, gender identity, religion, class, culture, level of ability, etc.) in therapy. With my personal and professional experiences as my foundation, I will provide you with culturally sensitive and affirmative care to the best of my ability. If I can not be of help to you, I will be sure to provide you with appropriate referrals.
I currently provide individual psychotherapy services to adults. The therapist-client relationship is the single most important part of psychotherapy and during our initial sessions, we will both determine if my style and philosophy are a good fit for you. If not, I will be sure to provide you with referrals to other clinicians or referral services to help you find the assistance you desire.
I practice therapy in New York City and also meet with some clients online via video and an online messaging platform. When we discuss our working together I will be happy to provide you with further details. You can also contact me directly.
Please note that I am only accepting new therapy clients who reside in the state of New York or who can meet in my New York City offices for face to face sessions.
If you are interested in an individual wellness consultation, please contact me for further details.
All psychotherapy and counseling services provided are considered private and confidential. There are a few exceptions to this, however, required by law and they are as follows:
- Suspected child abuse or suspected abuse of a dependent adult or elderly adult. Law requires that therapists report this immediately
- An intent by the client to harm someone else
- The client expresses a desire to harm their self
I provide reasonable and comparable prices for my psychotherapy services. Please contact me directly to discuss the available rates for psychotherapy. Please note that we will meet for 45 minute sessions. Sliding scale fees (based on your income) are not currently available at this time.
At this time, I am currently an in-network provider for Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna.
I am not affiliated with any other insurance companies at this time. This means that my clients without Blue Cross Blue Shield or Cigna coverage must pay directly for all services at the time of meeting.
In the event you have out of network insurance coverage and wish to use it, you may be eligible for reimbursement for my services. Please check with an insurance representative to determine your plan rates. Typically, you may be eligible for reimbursement rates in the range of 50-80%. Some clients will not be eligible for reimbursement at all. Additionally, being reimbursed for my full counseling fee will be rare. Please check with your insurance company by calling the number on the back of your insurance card to determine your eligibility. I will be happy to provide you with a monthly invoice that you may submit to your insurance carrier for potential reimbursement.
Here are some questions that may ask your insurance company regarding potential reimbursement for out of network coverage:
- Do I have any out of network benefits to see a licensed mental health counselor?
- What percentage of services does my plan cover?
- Do I need to meet a deductible and how much of that deductible have I already met?
- Is there a limit on the total amount of sessions covered? And, in what time period?
- What is the process for getting reimbursed? Where can I access reimbursement forms?
Please remember you will be asked to pay me at the time of your session. I will then provide you with a monthly form for receipt of payment of services provided that you may send to your insurance company to request reimbursement. Please note that your reimbursement rate is solely determined by your insurance carrier and I cannot make any guarantees to any level of reimbursement. You may also check with your employer regarding your ability to use flexible spending accounts for counseling services.
Methods of Payment
At this time, you may provide payment via credit or debit cards, cash or check. I also accept payments online via Paypal.
The payment for each session is due by the beginning of your session. Please arrive to your session with payment in hand. In addition, an administrative $25 fee may be charged due to any late payments or bounced checks.
Please cancel appointments 48 hours in advance. Appointments without proper advance cancellation may result in you being charged for your full session fee.
If you are not interested in working with me for ongoing therapy I am also available to provide consultation and trainings on the following:
- Individual wellness consultation (via video)
- Introduction to mindfulness and healthy coping skills
- Sexual assault prevention and education
- The basics of psychological disorders for non-clinicians/support staff
- Diversity training and multicultural competency
- LGBTQ identities and gay affirmative practices
Please contact me directly so that we may discuss you or your organization’s specific needs.